Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A surprise on the Irwell

Well after reading Manchesterfishingfiends latest blogs on the Irwell I decided I would explore more swims around the area he fishes. Luckily for me I bumped into a neighbour who is a keen fisherman and dog walker and covers the area mentioned in the blog, So thanks to him I had locations and parking all sorted out,
My Sunday trip should have been on Blackleach but my dad was ill so I managed a couple of hours on the Irwell



30mins in and I was disturbed by a dozen teenagers who wore Nazi uniforms and were drunk (or high) and singing / throwing stones in the river. After reading Manchesterfishingfiends latest post i can relate to situations where the yobs that have kept me off this river - i like peace and quiet and have been pelted with stones from the bridge behind Clifton Marina.


On this occiasion while it annoyed me at first to be honest they didn’t directly disturb me or my swim - and the bites never stopped.






It was a great session with roach to 12 oz and the odd chub - I had a bite every 3 runs - took about 10 fish - I don’t think the river was in prolific form but I did make best of it.
I cant wait to give it another go….

No comments:

Post a Comment