Friday, June 19, 2009

New Season on the Irwell







The New season and I am chomping at the bit to get on the river even for a couple of hours - after work my dad and I headed to the Irwell and we decided to have some fun seeing what was about.




The feeder rod didn’t produce a sniff on meat but on worm we missed a number of takes from the minnows (more like didn’t see anything but the worm was trashed).
On the float road in 1-2 feet of water was great - we tried to wade through the minnows to get to the other fish - and we did, my mate Chris showing off the catches of Gudgeon and Chublet - but no trout….. I didn’t expect any decent chub or barbel.






But good fun for a couple of hours - fish not the quality of ManchesterFishingfiends stretch but nevertheless I will do it again - but I wont be wearing shorts…. I got nettled to death….

No comments:

Post a Comment