Monday, July 6, 2009

What a difference a week makes....






I went to the Irwell again last Sunday evening for a few hours - i was going on holiday on the Monday so i didnt have a pass for anything more.
Usual tactics, one rod on float and one on feeder shared and alternated with my Dad - i always take old kit with me just in case you have to fight your way out... Not for the fainthearted!!!
Sunday fishing was great - fish every other chuck on the float upto 12oz's and the odd bite on the feeder.... we had over 30 fish but i had hoped for one of the big chub/carp to put in an appearance.


We went again on Sunday morning for 2-3 hours, same spot, same tactics - nothing...........
we did get 2 bites on bread / feeder and worm/float - but nothing to the trotting maggott tactic of the week before.

The fish were showing some 300 yards downstream but it was hard to fish these spots -especially as my dad needs firm footings.

Its the first time i have fished in a morning here so maybe its not a key feeding period?

I will be back next w/e unless i can convince my dad to have one more attack on the Blackleach tench.











No comments:

Post a Comment