Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Does the Irwell Barbel exist??????




Look at this beastie - it does!!!

I have heard stories about fish existing and I have also spoke to an angler who told me he had taken 40 fish a season minmium for the last 4-5 seasons - this was a couple of years back - he did say it was getting harder and harder to get into them.
I do wish this is true but having fished, read about and walked the stretches I have yet to find many other people who have found them - maybe it’s the best kept secret or they are really few and far between.
The picture is from the Angling Times march edition 11lb beast reported - sorry about the picture - found it crumbled up ready to be binned by my wife.
So for die hards like Manchesterfishingfiend the search can continue for now!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know someone who knows someone who knows a swim.............

    Send me an email and I'll meet you there on Saturday morning....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the angler in the pic,double figure fish have been present since 2005,graham677633@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete