Wednesday, August 11, 2010

at the waters edge!!!

















well after the last post i did a 2 hour session on the basingstoke canal - anglers were struggling when i set up at 7pm
a quick chat to a walker got me to up sticks and go nearly 1 mile in the opposite direction - there i saw more fish on the surface than i every expected to see in this section of the canal
shoals and shoals of roach, upto 1lb, bream rolling and carp, many of them

i only had corn so i was fishing the bottom - i had loads of knocks from small roach and 2 good bites - 2 bream around the 1.5lb mark, and a roach which must have nudged 12oz.



I went back to my initial peg next to the road side, which i had baited up - with 10 minutes light left - i saw this carp swim up to my float and my god it must have been a 20+ - on my lite tackle never before had i hoped a fish would not take my bait.
Next - Ribble at Elston
i went to the top(left) farm - it was a recce really but we managed 2+ hours in one swim - my thoughts - excellent!!!

dad had bite a chuck on maggot but only managed to land 2 chublets about 8oz

i had one good bite on the corn/pellets approach for a 2.5lb chub (main pic)
i did change to maggot last 15mins and had a chublet with a few bites thrown in .



Missed this w/e cos of a stag do - but will be back at w/e - 5am.










































No comments:

Post a Comment