Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Why Blackleach???



Why is it called Blackleach - I have always wondered ? Was it to do with the surname of any of the previous landowners - as with Phillips Park in Whitefield(where the Irwell runs near by), or is it to do with these little critters - I found one while walking back to the car after a morning pike fishing last Sunday.
A classic catch making its way across the path away from the Res, - looked a full blighter - like it had just fed….
Anyway dad caught a few perch, 2 other anglers on the lake both into perch - I lost a pike on sink/draw lamprey - it was only a jack about 7lb.
Another light hearted report when really I am gutted at blanking on two pike rods with my dad on float and alarm.
I will keep trying - rumour has it one of the other anglers (a Dutch lad I think) got into a good tench once I had left (conspiracy - even the tench don’t feed when I am on-site).

No comments:

Post a Comment